Tillsonburg Minor Hockey Inc.
Long Term Strategic Development
TMHI Board of Directors
The 2015/16 Board of directors (BOD) for TMHI have revised our long term strategic development plan for the organization. This plan helps to establish where resources for the board are allocated. The BOD for TMHI plans to use its resources on our most important organizational responsibilities.
To this end the BOD has established a long term strategy based on identifying the highest importance responsibilities to stakeholders by answering the questions below:
Why does our organization exist?
- To provide an opportunity for structured physical activity for Tillsonburg area youth in a team environment.
- To coach and develop life and athletic skills for playing members.
- To facilitate a safe and positive learning environment which is free of harassment for all stakeholders.
What are the top 3 organizational responsibilities of the board of TMHI?
- To be transparent to all stakeholders in regards to financial and organizational decisions.
- To support a progressive player development program that teaches athletic and life skills in a harassment free environment.
- To advance the core principles of respect, accountability and work ethic (RAW) to all stakeholders
The top 3 areas to focus for the current year in order that we accomplish our mission.
- Long term sustainability through financial and organizational decisions
- Effective communication with all stakeholders.
- Skill development in a supportive environment.
Who are our stakeholders?
The board of TMHI has identified the following persons or groups as stakeholders of TMHI:
- Volunteers (including coaching staff, board members, committee members, hockey moms)
- Officials (referees)
- Affiliate organizations (Southern Counties, OMHA, OWHA, Hockey Canada)
- Opposing team members (including spectators)
- TCC (Community center)
- Community members
What are our Core Principles?